GN Thermoforming Equipment is an internationally recognized manufacturer of quality machinery and tooling for the plastics industry, presently exporting to over 70 countries. We are located 40 minutes south of the City of Halifax in the picturesque seaside community of Chester, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia. www.gncanada.com.
Since our first export almost 40 years ago, we continue to enhance our product line and services to the thermoforming industry. We are proud of our reputation of supplying our customers with quality, innovative products and excellent customer service.
We have an immediate opening for a full time Logistics Specialist.
Reporting to our Sales and Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating all domestic and international outbound/inbound shipments that require documentation to meet the requirements of the governing agencies and territories (ie: bills of lading, letters of credit, customs paperwork, etc.).
• Quoting, coordinating, scheduling, and processing shipments using all modes of transport (Air, Ocean, and Ground) ensuring regulatory and customs compliance is maintained for both exports and imports, whether for GN customers or suppliers.
• Process courier shipments with various approved Couriers, FedEx, DHL Purolator, UPS on their network portals.
• Preparation of Import & Export customs documentation to streamline the flow of goods across international borders and through customs including but not limited to Commercial Invoices, Customs Declarations and Letters of Credit, etc.
• Negotiate the best rates and manage relationships with Freight Forwarders. Also work with 3rd party Logistics/Transport companies.
• Deals directly with clients, customs, and agents to insure the quickest and best movement of shipments throughout the world.
• Track and trace shipments as necessary to ensure proper movement and delivery and communicate with clients regarding their shipments.
• Handle all incoming communications with customers in a timely and professional manner. • Also ensuring all shipments are cleared for transport and legal obligations and documentation are adhered to, and that shipments are timely, accurate and satisfy customer expectations.
Required qualifications include:
• Extensive knowledge and experience scheduling, organizing, tracking, and tracing of shipments by Air, Ocean and Ground.
• Completion of post-secondary education in business or equivalent demonstrated experience in the logistics field. C.I.F.F.A – Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association Certification would be an asset.
• Must be adaptable to a changing environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment and is adaptable to various worldwide cultures.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office suite. Experience with Syspro or similar ERP software would be an asset.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Willingness to be available for after-hours / holiday support for urgent shipments when required.
• Commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Our Vision to "Build Success with Our Customers" is made possible through our culture of innovation, integrity, honesty, drive, spirit, commitment, and respect.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to, medical & dental coverage, life and AD&D insurance, disability benefits and RRSP matching program.
Are you interested in joining our team? A brief video introduction to GN can be seen by clicking the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdZWd_21x3U.
Qualified candidates should forward their Resume and covering letter, including wage expectations, in confidence to:
GN Thermoforming Equipment PO Box 710 Chester, Nova Scotia B0J 1J0
Attention: Vivian Rafuse, Human Resources
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 902-275-3100 Website: www.gncanada.com
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.